We are on our third Sprinter and our second camping conversion. I have a taste for high end Sprinter conversions but a budget more in line wiht a working mom. Here are 5 items that we used in our first van and will definately be using again!
1. Maxx Air Fan and vent adapter
We live in the Pacific Northwest where fans are for more than comfort. With that being said, there is nothing better than the feel fresh air while sleeping.
Don’t be intimidated by self-installation. We have done it successfully -twice and don’t have any regrets.
Here are a few tips:
1. DIYvan in Hood River sells an adapter. We have used it each time and wouldn’t want to install a fan without it! Check it out!
2. Safety glasses are needed.
3. Check the weather report – your van will have a hole in it all night while the sealant dries
4. The anticipation and fear is the hardest part. This improves after the first cut.
5. New blades are worth the money.
6. The roof may get scratch but no one can see up there anyway.
2. Cupboard Hinges / Cabinet Door Lift Pneumatic Support
It doesn’t take long to realize that cupboard hinges are a key to happy van life. There is nothing worse than plates falling off shelves, food spilling, or listening to squeaking hinges. I couldn’t be more happy with our hinges. We picked them up on Amazon and have never looked back!
Here are the two products we love!
- 80 Degree Folding Sofa Bed Cabinet Hinge Spring Hinge (2 Pieces)
- DerBlue 4 Pcs 200N/45lb Gas Strut Lift Support Cabinet Door Lift Pneumatic Support
3. 80/20 Aluminum
80/20 is easy to install, strong, versitle, and we love it. We have used it for everything from a roof rack to secure interior features, including cabinets.
Stay Tuned …
Finally, stay tuned for more “must-haves” and even some “don’t need” items. We are waist deep in DIY electric and hope to have many useful tips to share.
Wish us luck!
Check out some great van additions!